*Plus FAMILY KITCHEN AREA, presently being used as OFFICE space. - could be converted to an additional small room. This area was previously part of a 3rd bedroom.
Extensively Remodeled Throughout - We're talkin' walls knocked down and moved around.
The result; great use of space, an open and light floor plan like you have not seen before in this size home in Belmont Shore. Attention to detail that you will not find in another home in this price range.
LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION: This home has all three!
1) Location: This area is the Southeast border of Los Angeles County, at the Orange County line. Belmont Shore is the city's premier Beach Community. Bike or walk on the Beach Bike and Pedestrian Path, or along the Boardwalk on the Peninsula. The Second Street shopping district offers everything from Gastro Pubs and Fine Dining to independent Boutique stores and neighborhood markets. There is even a public library branch overlooking the bay.
2) Location: 149 Glendora is perfectly situated in "The Triangle". Just a short Stroll North to the Second Street shops, South to the Ocean Beaches, or East to the popular calm water beach on Alamitos Bay, where you can rent kayaks & paddleboards, and enjoy all the activities offered at BayShore Park and Playground.
3) Location: Mid-block on Glendora, SOUTH of Second Street (the ocean side!), 149 puts you just far enough away from the Hustle and Bustle of the shopping district. Glendora is one of only 3 tree-lined "parkway" streets in the Shore, with Glendora being the closest Parkway Street to the Bay.
Just a few of the special features of this home include:
- ADDED Accessory Room / Workshop / BONUS GARAGE with access from the original garage. This room was built to be a Motorcycle Garage and workshop. It now also serves as the laundry room. This bonus room has 6 foot carriage doors opening to the alley, another door that opens to the side yard, high ceilings, 3 upper windows and a skylight.
- ADDED interior stairwell leads into the garage (never found in similar Belmont Shore homes)
- ALL NEW exterior doors: Front, Side and Dining Room / Patio doors with sidelights - all dual-pane, single panel glass with Blinds built-in between the glass (easy to clean, no curtains needed)
- Refinished and/or new oak floors throughout, except for the carpeted Master Bedroom. The oak floors in the Dining Room feature custom Maple Inserts for accent.
- 5" tall custom Oak base moldings throughout Living and Dining Rooms, separated through a 6' Archway.
- All new custom cabinetry built by a local Long Beach cabinet maker. "Prairie" design cabinet facing, with 6 "Reed" glass upper doors and matching custom wood breakfast bar. Matching cabinetry in adjacent hallway storage nook.
- Large, Power Roof Window / Skylight with remote control and rain-sensor that will automatically close the skylight if it starts to rain
- All new matching "Professional Series" Frigidaire appliances, "smudge-free" surface Stainless Steel, and matching Vinotemp wine cooler
- Energy efficient recessed lighting, Bianco deep stainless sink, under-cabinet lighting, "jam-proof" disposal,
- Office Area off kitchen wired currently for FIOS Fiber Optic Internet, cable and telephone options, and a dedicated electrical circuit.
MASTER BEDROOM SUITE
- Reed Glass door with unique Open Transom above leads to back bedroom hallway, with a step-down to the sunken sleeping area. The master bath is off the upper hallway.
- Full wall of closets; Double 5' mirrored wardrobe closets with custom red mahogany organizers
- Double lighting options; large ceiling fan and light with remote control, also 4 recessed lights on dimmer
- ADDED Master Bath en suite, all new addition completed in 2009
- Hand floated cement walls (tub surround) and floor, covered with Italian tiles.
- All quality fixtures including genuine Jacuzzi brand jetted tub with it's own auxiliary heater
- 8 foot wide Picture Window facing the front lawn
- Coved and tray ceiling
- Added Direct Vent Fireplace set into a custom surround and mantel. This unit is also the home's primary heater, with a remote control thermostat, and automatic blower.
- 8 foot Wall of Windows facing to front yard - sliding glass doors that open to the front patio, framed by fixed sidelights.
- Coved and tray ceiling
GUEST BEDROOM SUITE
- Set off the private front hallway, double windows for lots of light
- Large cedar lined closet with a window
- Adjacent front bath with all new fixtures and unique tray ceiling, custom tile work and restored archway around tub
MAJOR SYSTEMS UPGRADE
Copper Plumbing and completely updated Electrical (every wire in the house was replaced). There is a new 200 amp service panel, and several unique dedicated circuits were added; one to an Audio/Video wall in the Living Room, one feeds 4 outlets for the Home Office Area and a third feeds a High-Amp Small Appliance outlet at the Kitchen counter.
Some of the energy efficient upgrades include: Tankless, "on-demand" water heater, all the new windows are dual pane, all low flow faucets, showerheads and toilets, low energy lighting in kitchen, master bedroom and master bath. Occupancy sensor in master bath, four ceiling fans.
Note: This home is the 20 year personal residence of The Long Beach Agent - for sale by agent / owner. Buyer's agents welcome. An MLS listing is forthcoming.
Zillow's current Estimate of value* is $828,300. ( *As of August 31, 2015, updated often. Click on the link for current estimate.)