Located in the highly regarded "RANCHO" section of Long Beach's "PLAZA" area.
There's nothing else like it in Long Beach.
Designed by the architect Cliff May, this neighborhood consists of approximately 700 homes, constructed in 1953 and '54, whose original architecture defines the mid-century modern California Ranch.
Each home is styled to feel like a mini private estate. With vaulted ceilings and extensive use of glass walls, the home's interior space comfortably transitions the interior and exterior living environments.
This Los Angeles County neighborhood sits adjacent to a huge regional park that encompasses almost 400 acres, the largest community park in the region. El Dorado Regional Park is made up of 5 sections, where all can enjoy running and bicycle paths, golf, tennis and archery. An Olympic archery event was held here. There are multiple athletic fields and basketball courts and much more.
7109 Premium Street is a quiet, interior tract location. This particular home features two separate and distinct outdoor patios and gardens that wrap around the home. All living areas open out, or look over, one of the gardens.
The interior has been upgraded over the years, but has remained true to the original vision of the design.
The home's special features include:
- Master Suite has it's own private bath, including a custom tiled shower stall
- Double Door Main entry sits within a gated and private side courtyard and leads to inlaid Italian tiles inside
- Remodeled Kitchen features PEAR WOOD cabinetry, with some burled wood accents that compliment the unique custom bedroom doors
- Kitchen features tile counters and flooring, a stainless steel back splash and Stainless Steel appliances
- Custom Hardwood flooring throughout in multiple woods : The flooring in the Living Room and Den is Brazilian Cherry, the Master Bedroom is Pine and the Guest Bedroom(s) is Bamboo
- A cozy wood burning fireplace in the Living Room
- Hall / Guest bath features a large "soaker" tub with a custom teak wood tub surround (very unique)
The house has Central Heat and Air Conditioning.
* The county tax rolls show this home as a 3 bed / 2 bath model, a master Suite plus 2 smaller bedrooms. The current owner removed a wall between the 2 smaller bedrooms to create one large space, so the current configuration is 2 bed / 2 bath. A new owner can easily restore the original floor plan (or similar) if they wish. These homes were originally designed with simple partition walls to easily accommodate just this type of adaptability.
Please stop by and have a look for yourself.